Niste prijavljeni

Dragi posjetitelju, Dobrodošli na Eve of Destruction Forum. Ukoliko je ovo Vaša prva posjeta molimo vas pročitajte Pomoć. U pomoći je objašnjeno kako ovaj forum radi. Morate biti registrirani kako bi vidjeli sve teme i sve forume. Molimo vas da se registrirate ili da ovdje pročitate kako se registrirati. Ukoliko ste već registrirani molimo ulogirajte se ovdje.

Utorak, 20 Svibanj 2014, 00:23

Modern day equivalent?

I was a great fan of the Battlefield 1942 Eve of Desctruction mod mainly because of the somewhat realistic flight characteristics of the Huey and other helicopters. The flight characteristics of the helicopters in the Silent Heroes mod seemed to share the same physics.

Is there currently a game out there that has similar gameplay to these mods (infantry, land and air vehicles), preferably offers a Huey to fly with the same 'challenging' controls as EOD/SH, has an active online community yet isnt too taxing* on hardware? In other words has the same level of fun and has EOD choppers ;)

Is Bad Company 2 Vietnam a contender?

Of course, this is to see us through till EOD: redux. I can't wait to test the Huey in redux!

*Runs on a Intel HD graphics 4600 laptop GC, i7 4800MQ, 16GB RAM

Utorak, 20 Svibanj 2014, 20:59

Well I've tested a lot of games with choppers and *imho* there's no game comparable with the flight physics of EoD.
Of course there are other good heli-games with modern choppers wich have absolutely different physics.
But I don't know any comparable.

A really good game is Men Of Valor (2004) but it's just an infantry game, no choppers.
Old graphics but really good gameplay and exciting story! If you need some change just buy it (I've payed <$10 at *bay).

EoD-Redux will be similar and maybe a some better. I've coded a lot on the heli physics and it was much fun testing it.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with a bug in the network code for 6 weeks now and the error still isn't fixed ;(
Also the area/landscape is much larger, so you can fly through a 'world' for some minutes without touching the map-borders all the time. So an airfield for the MIG-17 is about 1000 meters and this what it 'feels like' in the game.

Četvrtak, 22 Svibanj 2014, 00:17

hey Lotte,
thanks for taking time from development to stay in contact with the EOD community. Sorry to hear about the bug, I'm aware how these things turn into a dark hole sucking hours of valuable development time with no end in sight.
I'd offer to lend a hand but I doubt I'd figure it out after your six week debugging session. I'm sure you've used all the tools at your disposal to track the bug too. Do you know whether the bug is part of the Unity environment or your own code?
I can't wait to try Edux once it's done. The demo didn't run too smooth on the hardware I mentioned but I'm aware you haven't done any premature optimizing so I'm hopeful :)
For now I'll stick to IL-2 Sturmovik and perhaps give company of heroes a go. Or War Thunder for its fun factor. :wacko:

Četvrtak, 22 Svibanj 2014, 20:40

I'm sure it's in my own code.
I accidentally did something terrible wrong and now it's hard to find the mistake.
Meanwhile other things go very fine and I'm sure to find the bug soon.

The demo is running with (bad 35-40 FPS) on my i5-3570 / Nvidia GTX660-1024 MB.
It was not optimized at all, just a W.I.P. demo.

Atm. the map is optimized and running at 120 FPS (with 50 bots ~ 90 FPS) and absolutely smooth.
I couldn't test network, maybe the FPS will decrease if there are lots of players, but the game will also run acceptable on older PC.

There's something I could need help:
I'm still looking for a good way to sell the game. The problem is to find a good and secure shop-software and a way how people can pay. Paypal is no option cause they are imho. not trustworthy and to expensive.
If you (or any other) have an idea .........

Četvrtak, 22 Svibanj 2014, 21:26

Sounds like you want a webshop offering (for now, I'm sure EOD's future will be long and expansive) a single item.

How does Tictail sound? I came across it quite a while ago:

Citirano

Stockholm-based Tictail was launched in May this year with a very, very
simple store creation process – so simple in fact that it’s been
described as the Tumblr for e-commerce. It now has over 5,000 stores
mainly in the Nordics, Germany and UK.

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/22/tictail…-store-creator/ I haven't used it myself and am not associated with the company.

The good news is, tictail don't take a cut of the purchase price http://help.tictail.com/customer/portal/…ictail-be-free-

Petak, 23 Svibanj 2014, 12:06

Well this shop is free but they want a fee for each AddOn.
Just the download feature is $15 per month and I think there are more needed.
This is no option but thanks for the info!

Petak, 23 Svibanj 2014, 12:22

If you could run the web shop trouble free for $100 a month, that's not a bad deal as the potential for time saved seems considerable.

If you're unsure of your revenues maybe a revenue cut would be a better option? GoG publishes games and has a large channel of customers who are kept informed via a weekly e-mail and many are probably your target market - reliving the old days when games seemed more fun and less focused on ' social publicity ' and micro payments.

http://www.gog.com/indie

As for getting your Redux community up and running, have you considered Discourse? http://www.discourse.org/about/ I know the community is asking you to be a one man army but I thought I'd mention it as your release is getting closer and an active community during launch will turn out beneficial :) Though I'm sure you're getting plenty of good intended advice from everyone :/

Nedjelja, 16 Studeni 2014, 00:59

Eod111

That is so ironic because that is what I am playing now. Learning to fly on a 15 year old game 8)
hey Lotte,
thanks for taking time from development to stay in contact with the EOD community. Sorry to hear about the bug, I'm aware how these things turn into a dark hole sucking hours of valuable development time with no end in sight.
I'd offer to lend a hand but I doubt I'd figure it out after your six week debugging session. I'm sure you've used all the tools at your disposal to track the bug too. Do you know whether the bug is part of the Unity environment or your own code?
I can't wait to try Edux once it's done. The demo didn't run too smooth on the hardware I mentioned but I'm aware you haven't done any premature optimizing so I'm hopeful :)
For now I'll stick to IL-2 Sturmovik and perhaps give company of heroes a go. Or War Thunder for its fun factor. :wacko: