Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Eve of Destruction. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dienstag, 1. April 2014, 18:15

The demo is running with ~40% CPU load on a FX6300.
And the demo is not optimized at all, so I think it will be fine in the final release.
I can't say anything about AI atm. cause I'm working 120% on the animations right now.
And this is really a hard thing with Unity and I'm not very happy with the results :S
The Unity animation creator has room for improvement, or at least it did in Unity 4. Have you tried Unity 5 yet?

Dienstag, 1. April 2014, 20:59

5 is not yet released.
The animations are good but it's very complex to get everything alligned correctly.
Single handed weapons no problem, the weapon will just be child of the right hand.
But how the hell will two handed weapons get to the right position in left hand, when it's child of right hand. This can not be done with a simple rotation script, it's looking horrible.
Another major thing is to get the correct look direction.
I've wasted days now with this problem...^^

On the web I found hundrets of forum threads about this but everywhere the answer is just "google for it".

Mittwoch, 2. April 2014, 03:17

5 is not yet released.
The animations are good but it's very complex to get everything alligned correctly.
Single handed weapons no problem, the weapon will just be child of the right hand.
But how the hell will two handed weapons get to the right position in left hand, when it's child of right hand. This can not be done with a simple rotation script, it's looking horrible.
Another major thing is to get the correct look direction.
I've wasted days now with this problem...^^

On the web I found hundrets of forum threads about this but everywhere the answer is just "google for it".
Have you tried youtube? That was where I went when I had a unity question. I'll think about this problem too. I have a few ideas but they seem a bit inefficient.

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 18:17

Did you ever get the reload animations smooth? I tried out the demo and congrats! One thing that I really thought was nice was the boat physics.

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 23:08

What do you mean with smooth reload animations?
I'm no animation guru at all and very happy what I have so far.
Especially in network games, you don't believe how hard it's with the animations!

Yay driving the boats is really funny. My favorite is driving the big fishing- and riverboats which are much slower and hard to steer. And driving the USS Constellation is like driving a train: lighthouse don't cross my way I cannot turn! :D
Also I like the choppers, they are way better and more realistic than in EoD-classic.

Atm. I'm stuck at 90% with the network code. I'm looking for a strange and terrible bug which reports wrong death-messages to the players. Once this is done I'll put everything together for a first non-public alpha testing.

Freitag, 30. Mai 2014, 21:55

What do you mean with smooth reload animations?
I'm no animation guru at all and very happy what I have so far.
Especially in network games, you don't believe how hard it's with the animations!

Yay driving the boats is really funny. My favorite is driving the big fishing- and riverboats which are much slower and hard to steer. And driving the USS Constellation is like driving a train: lighthouse don't cross my way I cannot turn! :D
Also I like the choppers, they are way better and more realistic than in EoD-classic.

Atm. I'm stuck at 90% with the network code. I'm looking for a strange and terrible bug which reports wrong death-messages to the players. Once this is done I'll put everything together for a first non-public alpha testing.
I hope the choppers work smoothly! One of my favorite maps in EOD classic was Helicopter Valley. How is the network code coming along now? I do hope you can get the kinks worked out.

Samstag, 31. Mai 2014, 15:56

I'm still stuck with the code though I checked everything a hundred times.
That's why the progress-bar on the website is still at 90%.
;(

Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2014, 20:31

C2Duo 6550 Ati4870 WinXp pro was running fine on demo :-)
Have I eaten your beans?
Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2014, 02:41

I'm still stuck with the code though I checked everything a hundred times.
That's why the progress-bar on the website is still at 90%.
;(
Code ! Whenever I tried coding it was all the little things that got me. Is that the only bug that is holding you back?

Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014, 09:23

The network bug is fixed!
It was one forgotten line of code that enables/disables a boolean.
This little bool destroyed everything 8o

At the moment I'm testing and improving some things and all the maps have to be finished.
An important missing thing is the network code for vehicles - this will take some weeks.
And finally everything has to be tested and for sure there will be found some more bugs.

Meanwhile I've coded so much features and I'm not sure if I still know them all :D

But the game will be finished for sure. :?:

Sonntag, 22. Juni 2014, 23:19

Good to read you've finally found the elusive bug! I know those things make you lose sleep and bite people's heads off :p

In the mean time here's some good Vietnam era music to keep up the inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gerL0yUk6no :D

Sonntag, 13. Juli 2014, 19:21

The network bug is fixed!
It was one forgotten line of code that enables/disables a boolean.
This little bool destroyed everything 8o

At the moment I'm testing and improving some things and all the maps have to be finished.
An important missing thing is the network code for vehicles - this will take some weeks.
And finally everything has to be tested and for sure there will be found some more bugs.

Meanwhile I've coded so much features and I'm not sure if I still know them all :D

But the game will be finished for sure. :?:
I'm so glad you found. The. Bug. Just a little worry: do you ever backup the game on a separate USB stick or other storage? You never know is your hard drive is going to crash or you accidentally delete half your hierarchy (I speak from experience). Good luck on the game and I can't wait to try out the vehicles! :whistling: :?:

Samstag, 26. Juli 2014, 10:07

You mean the storm and thunder that would have destroyed all televisions, phones and PC in our house last week?
Yes it's true, a thunder struck a cable just 50 meters from our house and everything would have been destroyed if the machines would have been connected. But they were disconnected cause we've been on a holiday trip :thumbsup:

We just forgot to disconnect the TV and the thunder-strike STARTED the TV at night. A ghost was watching an interesting film *lol*

There are 4 backups and I do a backup every day. Altogether there are ~6 Terrabytes of backups on 2 machines and 2 external drives. And I can rollback to the first day and start from scratch with backup #1 :D

Samstag, 16. August 2014, 02:27

You mean the storm and thunder that would have destroyed all televisions, phones and PC in our house last week?
Yes it's true, a thunder struck a cable just 50 meters from our house and everything would have been destroyed if the machines would have been connected. But they were disconnected cause we've been on a holiday trip :thumbsup:

We just forgot to disconnect the TV and the thunder-strike STARTED the TV at night. A ghost was watching an interesting film *lol*

There are 4 backups and I do a backup every day. Altogether there are ~6 Terrabytes of backups on 2 machines and 2 external drives. And I can rollback to the first day and start from scratch with backup #1 :D
I'm glad you had almost everything unplugged! Once lightning struck a nearby tree which caused the sprinkler system to blow out . I'm also glad to hear that you keep backups!!! Hows the progress going about now?

Samstag, 16. August 2014, 09:21

Status quo:

A) singleplayer: 75%
B) multiplayer: 99%
C) optimising: 10%
D) testing: 0%
E) fix the bugs found in testing
F) combine everything and make a final build

A will take about 3-4 weeks, C 1-2 weeks, D 1-2 weeks, E unknown time, F 1-2 weeks.

But the most trouble is to find a good shop to sell the game online.
What I need is a shop with different payment options (international) and an approved way to check the age (18+).
The game will be 18+ till the USK (german variant of PEGI) has made another decision.
I'd say the game could be 16+ in the end.

Samstag, 16. August 2014, 22:03

Status quo:

A) singleplayer: 75%
B) multiplayer: 99%
C) optimising: 10%
D) testing: 0%
E) fix the bugs found in testing
F) combine everything and make a final build

A will take about 3-4 weeks, C 1-2 weeks, D 1-2 weeks, E unknown time, F 1-2 weeks.

But the most trouble is to find a good shop to sell the game online.
What I need is a shop with different payment options (international) and an approved way to check the age (18+).
The game will be 18+ till the USK (german variant of PEGI) has made another decision.
I'd say the game could be 16+ in the end.
I'm glad to hear the progress. Is the single player going to be a story made up by missions? Or will it be the normal multi player maps with AI? There definitely needs to be optimizing, Battlefield 3/4 runs better than the demo !
The rating seems about right, but finding a web shop sounds difficult. Are there alot of options? Or is finding a good shop like a needle in a haystack?

Sonntag, 17. August 2014, 01:27

The demo was WIP and not optimized like it's told on the demo-download site.
I can run it with 30-40 FPS but the actual optimized version runs between 70-90 FPS.

Please don't check it against BF3/4. These games have a $10.000.000 budget and I have just 0.0001% of it 8o
Maybe EoD 4 will be comparable. :thumbup:

Last but not least there are 50-100 statics and 100-200 trees in a BF-map.
EoD has 40-50 statics and 100.000-150.000 plants and trees and it's very difficult to find a good way to keep the FPS low.
Finally there's no game with some hundred different vehicles. :thumbsup:

To find a good webshop is more difficult than find a needle...
Any idea would be appreciated.

Sonntag, 17. August 2014, 22:18

The demo was WIP and not optimized like it's told on the demo-download site.
I can run it with 30-40 FPS but the actual optimized version runs between 70-90 FPS.

Please don't check it against BF3/4. These games have a $10.000.000 budget and I have just 0.0001% of it 8o
Maybe EoD 4 will be comparable. :thumbup:

Last but not least there are 50-100 statics and 100-200 trees in a BF-map.
EoD has 40-50 statics and 100.000-150.000 plants and trees and it's very difficult to find a good way to keep the FPS low.
Finally there's no game with some hundred different vehicles. :thumbsup:

To find a good webshop is more difficult than find a needle...
Any idea would be appreciated.
I do like the design of the plants and trees. The vines and swamps really do make it authentic.

As for the webshop, the only idea I have is steam green light, but that would require steam. And I know that you wouldn't prefer steam and I agree wholeheartedly.

Good luck!!!

Freitag, 29. August 2014, 04:06

I just took a look on the website and I can't believe how much work you put on it :thumbsup:

I've never been so eager on a game release :thumbup:

:whistling: And good luck, the last miles are always the hardest !

Montag, 15. September 2014, 17:58

Have you considered Good ol Games? I believe someone mentioned it earlier, but I don't believe I saw a response.