You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Eve of Destruction. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 24th 2014, 6:03pm

Glad to see...

That the website is on :D

Can't wait to test the game :|

Just like that, the minimum configuration is pretty high huh :D

Hope the game is doing well :thumbsup:

Monday, February 24th 2014, 8:59pm

RE: Glad to see...

Yes of course but did you see the vegetation? And there are lots of other nice effects that take some CPU+GPU power. I've tested on an old AMD X2-3800+ with ATI 1950 pro at 10-15 FPS (AGP slot lol). That's not really nice ;(
But I found a way to save some power by disabling shadows, effects and much more so it will be possible to play with older machines at low details and without some effects.

Monday, February 24th 2014, 10:25pm

It's Crysis 3 with a good gameplay :D

I'm not worried with my next computer tho :|

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 3:50pm

RE: RE: Glad to see...

Yes of course but did you see the vegetation? And there are lots of other nice effects that take some CPU+GPU power. I've tested on an old AMD X2-3800+ with ATI 1950 pro at 10-15 FPS (AGP slot lol). That's not really nice ;(
But I found a way to save some power by disabling shadows, effects and much more so it will be possible to play with older machines at low details and without some effects.
Do you think it would run on an fx-6300 + radeon 6870?

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 4:53pm

Yes I think this willl work fine with mid and high details.

Yesterday I've coded an option to disable all 'natural effects'.
So you can play without jumping fishes, angry crocodiles or flying birds :D
This is an official cheat, cause the crocos are hungry lol.

Disabling the shadows will increase the GPU performance about 30%-60%, depending on the vegetation!
So if you play with an old machine with bad 30 fps and disable the shadows you will get about 40-50 FPS. And it's still looking awesome.

There are lot of options, for example you can disable the nature effects, particles like water or terrain fog, falling leaves, shadows, wind and a lot of map details that are not really needed (like spoons, knifes and forks on a table, pictures on a wall and much more).

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 11:30pm

Jesus Christ, this looks so good :D

How well do you think it'll run on a GTX770 2GB with a i5 4570 and 8GB of ram :huh:

Friday, February 28th 2014, 2:16pm

EoD-3 Redux at full details, BF-8 and FarCry 4 as background tasks, no problem. 8|

I'm creating the game with a GTX660-2GB / i5-3570 / 8GB.

A solid state disc (SSD) is a good investment.

Monday, March 17th 2014, 11:29pm

Hi Lotte

Awaiting the demo release. At you leisure and your final testing of coarse.
Hope to see you you through my rifle scope :|

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 2:57am

Have you ever thought of putting this on steam greenlight?

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 5:41pm

Nope. It's because I don't like to add any spy stuff, ads, online account managers, shops or something like that to the game. I want it to be a pure game like the games in the early days of PC: just buy it, play and have fun.

It's making me angry if I bought a game for 50-100$ and cannot play without an online account and some peeping Toms always can watch me when, how often, what and how I play. Of course this all has to do with the NSA affair and things like that.

Please let me short explain: I was born in 1964 in Germany, 19 years after WW2. When I was a child I played with friends in the woods and suddenly a US platoon crossed the way. The GI's had been so friendly and they gave us some chocolate.
You can imagine how impressive this face-to-face encounter was for us kids. First we thought they kill us but then they gave us chocolate! :D
Till 2013 when the NSA affair came up the americans had been my best friends. But this spy-the-friends affair really is disgusting and not what friends should do!
I don't know if the US government really understood what they have damaged - worldwide!

Of course this doesn't change my mind about the people there, I still like them and think they are friends and of course there are good and bad everywhere in the world, but this is the reason why I don't want things like Steam.
I'll not support this big-brother-is-watching-everything-bullsh.

Sounds paranoid? Yes it is!
I'm no terrorist and 99,9% of the muslims, kommunists and all people are not. I don't want to be watched and I'll never support this.

I know that it will be no problem to watch the EoD online games 24/7 but maybe I can create such a chaotic netcode that no one in the world ever will be able to decode it :D

This was a long explanation but it had to be done cause many people asked me about Steam.
Now I can link them here.
:wacko:

Friday, March 21st 2014, 1:44am

It's a dumb reason to me :D

But I'll respect your decisions :thumbsup:

But, have you thought about doing any kind of pub for EoD :huh:

(sorry for the grammaticals errors :D )

Good luck for the game and :wacko:

Monday, March 24th 2014, 7:50pm

Nope. It's because I don't like to add any spy stuff, ads, online account managers, shops or something like that to the game. I want it to be a pure game like the games in the early days of PC: just buy it, play and have fun.

It's making me angry if I bought a game for 50-100$ and cannot play without an online account and some peeping Toms always can watch me when, how often, what and how I play. Of course this all has to do with the NSA affair and things like that.

Please let me short explain: I was born in 1964 in Germany, 19 years after WW2. When I was a child I played with friends in the woods and suddenly a US platoon crossed the way. The GI's had been so friendly and they gave us some chocolate.
You can imagine how impressive this face-to-face encounter was for us kids. First we thought they kill us but then they gave us chocolate! :D
Till 2013 when the NSA affair came up the americans had been my best friends. But this spy-the-friends affair really is disgusting and not what friends should do!
I don't know if the US government really understood what they have damaged - worldwide!

Of course this doesn't change my mind about the people there, I still like them and think they are friends and of course there are good and bad everywhere in the world, but this is the reason why I don't want things like Steam.
I'll not support this big-brother-is-watching-everything-bullsh.

Sounds paranoid? Yes it is!
I'm no terrorist and 99,9% of the muslims, kommunists and all people are not. I don't want to be watched and I'll never support this.

I know that it will be no problem to watch the EoD online games 24/7 but maybe I can create such a chaotic netcode that no one in the world ever will be able to decode it :D

This was a long explanation but it had to be done cause many people asked me about Steam.
Now I can link them here.
:wacko:
You really do have a point. I do agree that steam can be a little unnecessary at times, but this makes me wonder. Is there going to be an implemented friends system?

Monday, March 24th 2014, 7:54pm

One more thing. The whole NSA bs..... It was really enhanced by the press. To me, it didn't seem as serious as the media said it was. It's a lot like flight MH370 (at least here in America). Every slight thing that relates to MH370 is on the news. Every single rumor is "promising evidence" and articles contradict each other.
Sorry for being off-topic.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 10:28am

Well, please don't misunderstand. I don't want to start a political discussion about NSA or say that Steam is work of the devil. I really appreciate what Gabe Newell and Valve did, and we had lots of fun with Half Life and Counterstrike.

It was just to explain why I don't want things like Steam, Uplay and many others.
Of course I know that EoD3 can be monitored too cause it's sending data via Cloud!
But you won't need an 'account' or 'login to somewhere' and it will not update automatically without permission of the user. At least it's not easy for someone who 'watches' the game to assign the data to a specific person.
Cause just coordinates and the chat can be assigned to an IP and I'm not interested in watching my customers.

It's just kept simple and not overcoded that's all :)

A friends - list...nope, not in the first release.
I am alone and have no manpower to code that and it would just be a nice-to-have.
Perhaps in a later release?

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 2:07pm

Well, please don't misunderstand. I don't want to start a political discussion about NSA or say that Steam is work of the devil. I really appreciate what Gabe Newell and Valve did, and we had lots of fun with Half Life and Counterstrike.

It was just to explain why I don't want things like Steam, Uplay and many others.
Of course I know that EoD3 can be monitored too cause it's sending data via Cloud!
But you won't need an 'account' or 'login to somewhere' and it will not update automatically without permission of the user. At least it's not easy for someone who 'watches' the game to assign the data to a specific person.
Cause just coordinates and the chat can be assigned to an IP and I'm not interested in watching my customers.

It's just kept simple and not overcoded that's all :)

A friends - list...nope, not in the first release.
I am alone and have no manpower to code that and it would just be a nice-to-have.
Perhaps in a later release?
That sounds good! You don't ever want to make something over coded *ahem* Arma 2. With the chat, is there going to be voip?

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 9:45pm

Oh well, sorry for the misunderstanding :wacko:

But you're right on that : no need of an extra login just to play :|
But you didn't answer my question :D

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 6:17pm

But you didn't answer my question :D

Just because I didn't understand what you mean.
But no, I have no time to open and manage a pub particulary I drink no alcohol at all :)
What exactly is the question?

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 1:00am

You answered it thanks :thumbup:

And I wasn't talking about alchool (too young for that unfortunately ;( )

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 4:19pm

How do you think it will run with an FX-6300 / HD 6870 / 8gb system? Having worked with unity before, I know it can be strange the way it handles resources. I'm curious how the engine will respond with a lot of AI and large environments.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 5:40pm

The demo is running with ~40% CPU load on a FX6300.
And the demo is not optimized at all, so I think it will be fine in the final release.
I can't say anything about AI atm. cause I'm working 120% on the animations right now.
And this is really a hard thing with Unity and I'm not very happy with the results :S