You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Eve of Destruction. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 1:43pm

Questions on EoD3 ?

Hi Lotte,
It looks like it's going to be pretty awesome!!! Have a few questions on EoD3. Unless your unable to. What Operating Systems will it be available? Will it be playable as a standalone or will it have a DRM and require internet when playing single player? (like Ubisoft's SilentHunter5). Will it have CoOp mode with AI for network players? Will this be avail. retail package and/or download version? Looking at the snap shots and they look awesome!! Looking forward to the completion!!! :whistling: :thumbsup:

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 8:16pm

RE: Questions on EoD3 ?

Well there's not much information about EoD-3, just a few screenshots (and they're not really good).
The game's website will be released very soon and it will come with tons of stuff though the game is still not finished.

The plan is to have a download (something about 1.0 - 1.5GB) and maybe a DVD box. You buy the game once and get every update/extension for free. The license will be personal for the player's PC and notebook/cellphone/pad but not for the whole family :D

I'm not sure how to sell the game. It's hard to get a webshop online and get all the payment methods working.
And finally all the legal stuff. German law is restricting everything. This is the land of Keep of the grass! :D

OS: Win XP, 7, 8, Linux, Mac, perhaps a (smaller) browser version and perhaps Android, xBox, PS4 & Co. at a later time.

Coop: very difficult and a lot of additional work. I tried adding some bots but I'm not happy with it. Maybe they will not be in the first release. EoD is primary a multiplayer game and the bots may wait a little bit.

DRM: not sure but the game will run 100% offline. If the first release will come without AI you'll not be able to play everything, just the SP part.