Você não está logado.

Dear visitor, welcome to Eve of Destruction. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

domingo, 20 janeiro 2013 - 01:08

EoD 3

Lotte,

interesting news, really exciting and the first pictures look good :)
But quitting your job for a game?! Or is this new EoD going to be sold or something, so that you can live from that?

Have you thought of opening a donation account!? Even I would donate a sum for this mod/game.

Also crowd funding might be an interesting option for you???

Best regards!

domingo, 20 janeiro 2013 - 03:36

But quitting your job for a game?! Or is this new EoD going to be sold or something, so that you can live from that?

Nope, I haven't quit for the game, but for some medical reasons caused by the old job.
The game is a way to turn passion to profession. A risky way but I think it's possible.
Yes, the game will be sold for a very low budget and I hope it will be good enough to get a lot of players.
Also I work on another game and perhaps this will be enough to live from that.
If not I'll get retiree :D

Have you thought of opening a donation account!? Even I would donate a sum for this mod/game.

Also crowd funding might be an interesting option for you???

Yes, a donation account will be on the new website and I hope to get some cents to buy some of the required models. Crowd funding. perhaps, but this would cause a lot of additional work so I'm not sure.

domingo, 20 janeiro 2013 - 17:14

I'll buy the game ;-)

I'm not sure if crowd funding would mean that much more work. I think the benefits would outweigh the efforts. And it could be a way to minimize risks for you.

It shouldn't be more than finding a suitable crowd funding platform, presenting your project there and see what happens. Okay, I guess it would be a some work, if you would plan this possible crowd funding as investment for others who might want to see also a positive financial outcome. But I think you can set it up as some kind of donation-crowd funding or promise founders a share and let them invest. If ever possible they'll get a share later, if not, then not.

Also some advertisement here and there, I bet some here could help you (thinking of Laux) :-) .
If you want I do some research for you on crowd funding platforms. This would take some time though since I'm currently relatively busy. Or maybe someone here knows really a lot about crowd funding. But I think you should really consider this option, I think you and the project could really benefit from it.

domingo, 20 janeiro 2013 - 21:27

You don't need to search, cause I think Kickstarter would be a good one.
But first there are so many other things to do.
We'll see what happens :)
I get more and more motivated cause of the possibilities with Unity 3D.
So many things we wanted to have in EoD that couldn't be done cause of the resticions of the old engine.
Now they are possible!
The question is: how much time it will take.

domingo, 20 janeiro 2013 - 22:30

Okay.

It definitely is exciting :)

Keep up the good work!

:whistling:

quarta, 23 janeiro 2013 - 19:12

Ich bestelle dann schon mal vor. :D

Ich habe die drei Bilder von hier für unsere HP geklaut. Ich hoffe, es macht Dir nichts aus Lotte.

quarta, 23 janeiro 2013 - 20:47

:D:D:D Schon 5 Vorbestellungen wo noch nichtmal das Gamestudio existiert :D:D:D

@Mani: Klar, kannste nehmen, alles was hier auf der Seite steht ist öffentlich.

domingo, 27 janeiro 2013 - 03:27

Lotte

Congratulations on your decision, the battlefield series for mods died.

A new engine will give many options for the new eod.

let us return to the jungle

[ ] s

Monsenhor

:thumbsup:

terça, 29 janeiro 2013 - 13:44

Interesting news ! :D

Unity eh ? This is used by http://www.starforge.com/

Don't know how far you are with the game but would a release goal of 2014 or even 2015 be more realistic ? That would give more time to attract developers and raise funding. As to charging for a release. The usual path is either to go Open Source and use donations, or full commercial/indie game. Both paths have a lot of support around them from various places, but I wonder if sitting on the fence in between could cause problems ?

Another side to this is developing the actual game play balancing and mechanics that would take testing and community involvement. As BF2/42 has shown that is more important than the graphics in many ways. So there could be development of the classic BF tactical/strategic game play maybe with some innovative game play elements added as well.

quarta, 30 janeiro 2013 - 02:57

Don't know how far you are with the game but would a release goal of 2014 or even 2015 be more realistic ?

At the moment the goal is 2013 and I'm very optimistic to reach this goal.
Perhaps there will be some obstacles but I hope everything will work in the end.

The usual path is either to go Open Source and use donations, or full commercial/indie game. Both paths have a lot of support around them from various places, but I wonder if sitting on the fence in between could cause problems ?

It will be a full commercial game, cause it's urgent to earn some cents. I do it as a full-time-job and have a large family ;)

Another side to this is developing the actual game play balancing and mechanics that would take testing and community involvement. As BF2/42 has shown that is more important than the graphics in many ways. So there could be development of the classic BF tactical/strategic game play maybe with some innovative game play elements added as well.

There are some players around who play EoD for many years now. Some of them play it every day. These people will be the first adress to test things and I think this is much better than getting hundrets of suggestions each day.
Too many cooks spoil the broth. :thumbup:
Of course this means not that I don't hear on things people say.
While playing EoD I grab a lot of things though I don't comment everything.
And it's a new game so the players / community can't suggest anything before the game is released, it's not possible.

terça, 05 fevereiro 2013 - 15:04

@Lotte:

A million thanks for all your hard work and all other guys, Ike, Sgt. Killboy, Jackson, Trahn Lee, and all other previous collaborators. :thumbsup:

It's hard to imagine all selfless dedication, and life time spent on developing EoD, despite of lack of support and gratitude from most gamers that benefited from it. ;(

It is a very hard job to lead a community of volunteers. They don't have coercive duties and their commitment is volatile. Decision making is a time consuming and frequently frustrating process. Since there's no pay, volunteers receive their reward in subtle and subjective compensations, like recognition by the community, participation in decision making, enjoy reaching projected goals, be part of something that is shared freely between community and public, etc. Attracting new volunteers takes patience and time to help them acquire basic skills to yield productive results. And there are the final consumers, that even knowing that they have a significant profit by benefiting from a product free of charge, misunderstand the fact that such kind of production also needs something in return, if not money, recognition, feedback, donations, publicizing, so on. But if the product of this community fails, consumers have nothing to do but cry (very loudly frequently!).

On the other hand, in a commercial enterprise, collaborators have both objective duties and rewards. Decision making process is swift and coercive. CEOs are required to make the fastest and best decisions, and are direct responsible for success and failure. Attracting collaborators is mainly a matter of job market, or offer and demand. Collaborators are paid for what they can do. If a company can't pay a fully skilled worker, it will have to invest in training one. Since a commercial product has its cost, consumers take a lot into consideration before buying a game. Companies have to compete with one another bombarding their customers with multimedia and multi-channel advertising, both explicit and disguised in news and reviews. A defective product may cause their consumers to demand refunding, or even lawsuits. Consumers, communities and specialized media are merciless with mistakes.

I mean no teaching with these simple and obvious ideas you all know about, but instead, to emphasize that the little that I've witnessed in EOD community, suggests that you have a great potential to have success in leading your enterprise, because you are as objective and determined as it is required for running your own business.

The transition from community to corporate model is taking place, and will have to be further developed. A hybrid model of community and corporation is common practice in software development, and most commonly through free and open source software model, where both community and public have free access to most part of the product, while helping with considerable part of coding and support. In a completely commercial product, there are smaller contributions, generally restricted to translation or testing. At some point in time, your business model will certainly reach its maturity, no matter the model you choose, and the sooner the better for you to reach your goals and avoid frustrations, and the waste of time and resources.

Also, you have a great challenge ahead which is branding your product. "Eve of Destruction" has made such a name, and yet much of its history has no record and some of its original creators have long left the community. Even though its content is public, in part due to licensing by EA/MDT, its brand is something else that might be questioned in endless legal discussion, specially after deciding to make your product commercially distributed. The future of your endeavor may be defined by your next decisions.

I'd like to use the opportunity here, to point out your coherence in ideas, referencing your post at http://www.bf-games.net/forum/index.php?…dpost&p=1891164 on which you have reasserted for your project the same that you decided for EoD: which is not to use digital content distributors (Steam, Origin, ModDB's Desura, etc.). You remained firm to your principles of independence and simplicity, while some were challenging with the temptation of exposing the software to thousands of potential consumers. That really made me see you as a man of your word, and that you sincerely gave your best to EoD.

Thanks again all EoD Devs Team and good luck Lotte! :whistling: :thumbsup:
"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
George Santayana, Soliloquies in England and Later Soliloquies (1922) misattributed to Plato, (c. 427 BC – c. 347 BC).

terça, 05 fevereiro 2013 - 15:07

Don't know how far you are with the game but would a release goal of 2014 or even 2015 be more realistic ?

At the moment the goal is 2013 and I'm very optimistic to reach this goal.
Perhaps there will be some obstacles but I hope everything will work in the end.

The usual path is either to go Open Source and use donations, or full commercial/indie game. Both paths have a lot of support around them from various places, but I wonder if sitting on the fence in between could cause problems ?

It will be a full commercial game, cause it's urgent to earn some cents. I do it as a full-time-job and have a large family ;)

There are some players around who play EoD for many years now. Some of them play it every day. These people will be the first adress to test things and I think this is much better than getting hundrets of suggestions each day.
Too many cooks spoil the broth. :thumbup:
Of course this means not that I don't hear on things people say.
While playing EoD I grab a lot of things though I don't comment everything.
And it's a new game so the players / community can't suggest anything before the game is released, it's not possible.
Thanks for these interesting replies. So commercial it is then. I hope to see you one day on Steam :)

sexta, 15 março 2013 - 06:06

I haven't checked in here in a while, but I wish you luck, Lotte! You've done a great job with this mod over the years, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do on this new project.

Curtis

sexta, 15 março 2013 - 07:47

Thanks ... and .. nice to see you :)

quarta, 15 maio 2013 - 16:02

Thumbs up; Lotte :thumbsup: When I told about EOD3 to my friend Larry The Thorne he asked about PC requirements. I have Intel 6550 and Radeon 4870 and Larry has AMD64 3000/R10800Pro. Keep same playability what BF1942 has and your game will be hit.
Have I eaten your beans?
Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

quarta, 15 maio 2013 - 23:20

I have Intel 6550 and Radeon 4870 and Larry has AMD64 3000/R10800Pro.

i6550 / Radeon 4870 should do it fine on max reolution/details.

The AMD64-3000 will do it on minimum resolution and details, but this CPU is really out-dated.
I don't know R10800Pro nor does Google. Is this something to drink ?
I hope you don't mean the Radeon 9800pro wich was a great GPU in the 90's :thumbup:

quinta, 16 maio 2013 - 15:47

I have Intel 6550 and Radeon 4870 and Larry has AMD64 3000/R10800Pro.

i6550 / Radeon 4870 should do it fine on max reolution/details.

The AMD64-3000 will do it on minimum resolution and details, but this CPU is really out-dated.
I don't know R10800Pro nor does Google. Is this something to drink ?
I hope you don't mean the Radeon 9800pro wich was a great GPU in the 90's :thumbup:

I meant Radeon X800 Pro.
Have I eaten your beans?
Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

quinta, 16 maio 2013 - 16:09

...Radeon X800 Pro...

That may not be good enough but I still didn't test it on very old hardware.
Take a look at this score table:
http://www.pc-erfahrung.de/grafikkarte/v…krangliste.html
It's a german site but I think you'll understand what it says.
The GPU should be in the top 100's, but the x800 is on position 168.

domingo, 19 maio 2013 - 10:48

:whistling:

Thanks for the news update. Cool screens. It's nice to hear something about the progress.
Can't wait to bomb you all (and others) with my native American friend, the Thunderchief :-) :) :|

If you need more testers, sign me up!

Unfortunately I can't offer any coding skills, I could offer slight graphic editing skills (Gimp) or writing introductional texts or recherching historical backgrounds - in case you even need such support. My available time would be limited though :(

Will there be some kind of extended player statistics similar to BF 2, but better? Medals and awards - not necessarily unlockables?