Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Dienstag, 16. September 2014, 17:41

Yes of course, it's on the list.
Though I don't reply to every posting you can be sure I read everything.
Most of it is noticed on a real oldschool note on my desktop :)

Btw. alpha testing has begun a week ago and ~170 improvements have been done in these days.
The game is getting really really cool! :thumbsup:

Mittwoch, 24. September 2014, 15:41

Yes of course, it's on the list.
Though I don't reply to every posting you can be sure I read everything.
Most of it is noticed on a real oldschool note on my desktop :)

Btw. alpha testing has begun a week ago and ~170 improvements have been done in these days.
The game is getting really really cool! :thumbsup:
I know I'm waiting for October/November!

Montag, 12. Januar 2015, 02:48

How are the beta tests moving along?

Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2015, 15:50

Well beta testing didn't start yet.
I've decided to add bots to the game (to enable SP) and this is a very difficult part.
Unfortunatelly a fever with temperature above 40°C struck me down for 2 weeks and if that wasn't enough the power supply of my machine destroyed the whole project and the HDD in a second.
Now I'm waiting for a new power supply and meanwhile I'm working with a 300W supply and can't start any 3D software without crashing the machine :D
(I'm at all suprised that a 300W supply can handle an i5 processor, 2 HDD's, DVD and a GTX660 though it's just possible in 2D.)

Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2015, 16:24

Well beta testing didn't start yet.
I've decided to add bots to the game (to enable SP) and this is a very difficult part.
Unfortunatelly a fever with temperature above 40°C struck me down for 2 weeks and if that wasn't enough the power supply of my machine destroyed the whole project and the HDD in a second.
Now I'm waiting for a new power supply and meanwhile I'm working with a 300W supply and can't start any 3D software without crashing the machine :D
(I'm at all suprised that a 300W supply can handle an i5 processor, 2 HDD's, DVD and a GTX660 though it's just possible in 2D.)
I'm sorry to hear about your flu, at least you recovered! The power supply incident must also be a real trouble :( My old EVGA PSU is on its 6th year, I feel it might die soon :S It's amazing a 300W PSU can handle all of that! When the PSU failed, did it also wipe the OS or just the project?

Freitag, 16. Januar 2015, 13:18

No, it just destroyed the backup drive (D).
Right now I'm testing the third (!!!) Power Supply, 300W, 480W, 500W.
(3.3V->30A, 5V >30A, 12V > 30A or 20A+20A on 2 cables).

The system still shuts down in 3D applications.
It's just sometimes - not always, and I'm really annoyed.
I've checked all the temperatures, checked each fan and everything seems to be ok.
I can't believe that an i5-3570+GTX660 needs more than 500W cause the system was fine in the past 2 years.

The only thing that was changed in the past days was the Nvidia driver.
So I'll try to rollback to the old driver now though I don't believe it's the driver that shuts down the PSU.

Additionally I've tried to check the (destroyed) backup drive in another machine.
The drive shuts down too from time to time!

This is very strange. :huh:
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Is there any new+unknown hardware virus around? 8o

Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015, 03:45

No, it just destroyed the backup drive (D).
Right now I'm testing the third (!!!) Power Supply, 300W, 480W, 500W.
(3.3V->30A, 5V >30A, 12V > 30A or 20A+20A on 2 cables).

The system still shuts down in 3D applications.
It's just sometimes - not always, and I'm really annoyed.
I've checked all the temperatures, checked each fan and everything seems to be ok.
I can't believe that an i5-3570+GTX660 needs more than 500W cause the system was fine in the past 2 years.

The only thing that was changed in the past days was the Nvidia driver.
So I'll try to rollback to the old driver now though I don't believe it's the driver that shuts down the PSU.

Additionally I've tried to check the (destroyed) backup drive in another machine.
The drive shuts down too from time to time!

This is very strange. :huh:
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Is there any new+unknown hardware virus around? 8o
That is very strange :huh:

I have a few guesses but I don't know if they'll help:

1. If you have any overclocks then they might be drawing too much power.
2. The drivers of course.
3. Under-powered PSU
4. Hardware damaged in PSU failure? Probably not though because it works.

Is the system stable when not using 3d software?
Are the temperatures fine?
Lastly, is it a software crash or a complete computer shutdown?

This is the best I can do, hope it helps!

Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015, 15:56

Did it end up being a driver issue?

Freitag, 20. Februar 2015, 00:24

Well it was annoying to find the error.
First a 550 watts power supply was installed and the PC crashed / shut down only once in 3 days.

Then I found a thread in a forum with the same problem and the same mainboard (ASUS).
They talked about the ASUS Anti-Surge function (BIOS) wich can cause trouble.
So I disabled the Anti-Surge and installed a 580W power supply and the problem is gone.

Maybe it was caused by changes in the new Nvidia driver, my GPU needed more electricity and the power supply was at the limit. Maybe it was just the Anti-Surge function.

The crash just happened in games with a lot of graphics performance like FarCry4 and EoD-Redux :D :D :D and I bet it was the power supply.

Freitag, 20. Februar 2015, 15:32

Well it was annoying to find the error.
First a 550 watts power supply was installed and the PC crashed / shut down only once in 3 days.

Then I found a thread in a forum with the same problem and the same mainboard (ASUS).
They talked about the ASUS Anti-Surge function (BIOS) wich can cause trouble.
So I disabled the Anti-Surge and installed a 580W power supply and the problem is gone.

Maybe it was caused by changes in the new Nvidia driver, my GPU needed more electricity and the power supply was at the limit. Maybe it was just the Anti-Surge function.

The crash just happened in games with a lot of graphics performance like FarCry4 and EoD-Redux :D :D :D and I bet it was the power supply.
Ok, I am glad to hear all is fine :) It does sound like it was the power supply, I just don't understand why 550w was not enough :huh: